Thursday 22 January 2009

Curiosity

We, the people, had born with curiosity in our nature. Some of us have curiosity about technology, engineering, business, etc while others have more interests towards arts, history, life science etc with different level of it at each topic. Because of curiosity in our nature, we ask questions to ourselves and always try to find answers of those questions.

But what I have noticed in teenagers surrounding me that they are not that much inquisitive to normal day-to-day things. These youngsters are able to use mobile phones easily and spends hours on internet chatting with their friends, but they do not have any clue how normal things work. Or may be they do not have to worry about it?

Engineers and scientists of one generation ahead of us have created world around us in which we live today. This world is very simple to live in and hence sometimes people, including me, take most of things as granted. But, I still ask questions to people around me or to myself if I am not able to understand working pattern of simple things. This inquisitiveness is lacking in young generation. They haven’t got any clue how to replace a punctured tire in the bicycle, which bus to use in-order to go to town hall, how to replace a mains fuse, etc which are the things which I remember doing very easily even at my early teenage life.

I think its our partial fault that we not encouraging kids around us to learn new things. May be we do not want them to ask questions to us while we are relaxing in the weekend. But, in order to preserve our and next generations future, we have to do something right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment