Tuesday 17 February 2009

Looking from space

My colleague and me were talking about my next trip to India. Suddenly, he told me that instead of spending money in small trips to India and other countries, why not I should do saving and plan a big trip for the future. The above-mentioned big trip is really big. It’s not like a world tour or going on top of Himalayas. What if I can save enough money in next 2-3 decades and have sufficient fund to go outside of our atmosphere for 10 minutes and see earth from space?

It has been said that we should go and see different places in order to widen our knowledge and turn imagination of other lands in reality. We often see documentaries about mountains, sea life, polar landscapes, earth from space, etc and often the sceneries in those films are mesmerizing. If those sceneries can have last long effect on us then what will happen if we are able to see those things on the spot? I think that that will be an experience which we cannot forget for a whole life.

Going further on this imagination, what if I have enough money in the future to afford space visit and see our lovely planet from sky? I think it will be something amazing and those who have done this are amongst the luckiest people on earth. Just imaging it makes me wonder about the earth, the beauty of our oceans, marvellous landscapes we have on continents, etc. I think if someone will be able to do this, it will change his/her perception about life, about earth and about the nature.

Scientists are saying that if current technology progress will be continued for next couple of decades, it will be possible for general public to visit moon. I would like to think that this is true and I will be able to travel to the moon before I die. But when I imagine myself standing on the surface of moon and looking back to the earth, I think my first thought will be that how small as a human we are. Although we have built skyscrapers, we have built pyramids, we are the builders of gigantic dams on rivers, etc still we are a tiny compared to the universe and we are nothing but a dot against nature’s other creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment