Monday 2 February 2009

My KISS (Keep it simple, stupid!) theory

Life is simple, if we can see it that way. But, unfortunately, most of us, including me, try to make it very complicated. I always try to prepare a plan for the future. I always think in profound manner for things like career, job, education, marriage, money, family, etc and make preparations for all those. And because I know that there is an odd of one of my plans failing, I also think about the options that I can use if something or someone doesn’t behave according to my inclination. But, life doesn’t have to be planned and I think I should leave few things for time and let me make decisions at that instance.

We want certainty in our life but nature is cruel and hence no matter how many efforts we put to create full-proof plans, uncertainty always comes in our life. At that point, if the person is so used to live life according to his rules, he gets puzzled in this uncertainty and his mind floats around everywhere. This has happened me to, as well. There were few moments where situation didn’t work out the way I wanted and because I never had a backup plan because I always thought about the outcome to be in a certain way, my mind was packed with reactions and took me a while to recover from the situations.

I am not suggesting that we shouldn’t plan for the future. We should and we must. We always have responsibilities, even if we live alone or we live outside from our home country. Some people have more responsibilities than others but we always care about people around us and hence we always think about the future and plan according to it. But, sometimes, its better to leave certain things for the future to decide and not make any arrangement before actually that situation comes. This uncertainty makes us more aware of the circumstances and decision taken at those moments, though very quick once, develops self-confidence.

Therefore, think about the future and make some plan as well. But, remember, each plan makes person’s life more complicated and life doesn’t have to be complicated. Life doesn’t have to be like a flow chart, and hence, leave certain small and sometimes major situations for the future to come up with. Try to keep life simple and I am sure that that life will be more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment